Last week, it was tasks I hate. This week I present 13 tasks I like (or at least don’t mind doing.)
1. Browsing social networking venues on the internet. This includes email, Twitter, blogs, yahoo Groups, other social groups. Takes up way too much time but I can’t resist the call.
2. Buying office supplies. I like having a well-stocked office.
3. Babysitting the grandchildren. Need I say more?
4. Preparing for and driving to the monthly writer’s meeting
5. Working on my computer at a coffee shop of café. The ambience is restful but energizing. All the people around you working or socializing. Sometimes I’m with friends, other times alone. Both situations are equally stimulating.
6. Blogging. I like unfolding material that may interest readers.
7. Dusting furniture. It looks so sparkly and new with a polished surface and any ornaments neatly arranged. Unfortunately my family and I are the type to pile letters, gloves, glasses, etc., on any handy surface.
8. Vacuuming. What an easy way to make a room look ‘kempt’!
9. Straighten bookcases. I usually find something good to read.
10. Decluttering. Throwing or giving away some of the junk I seem to collect.
11. Story outlining for my writing. Not a detailed outline, but I like to see the proposed structure of my story.
12. Revisions of my writing. Actually writing the story is like pulling my fingernails out by the roots, but revising the first rough draft, seeing the story take shape, is a pleasure.
13. Furniture shopping. Something about cruising through furniture and decorative accessories stores lifts my spirits even though I’m somehow never able to duplicate the look in my own home.