A very brief perusal of discussions on sites like Goodreads will give authors a good idea of what readers are hungry for.
- Dreams. They can go a lot of ways, like foretelling, alternate worlds, astral projection, etc.
- About aliens on earth.
- I’m fond of characters with extra or enhanced senses. They can feel or see things that others can’t, or are more in tune with the world.
- My favorites are stories that are original but realistic, with just enough magic in it to make it interesting
- Shifters other than werewolves.
- Other magical creatures and realities. Like revenants, Selkies, fae, mermaids, djinn, the far-eastern and African mythological creatures. There are a lot of world mythologies out there besides the same, tired old European ones.
- Based on the 7 deadly sins; perhaps a series?
- Fairy Tale, Cyborg, and/or Alien Romances
- Angel-themed paranormal romance
- Asian and other racial main characters